Printing more substantial cutlery than the canteen has to offer.

image

image

My second fork, I scaled this one up and printed with full support just to see what would happen as the printing of this was questioned. The fork printed perfectly, so I am going to develop more of a finish for the object.


Printing cutlery.

image

image

First 3D print!! After the usual issues with Rhino I managed to print a fork.. I drew the shape using a scanned image, created a surface and extruded it before using the bend and twist tools. I then took a 2D drawing of the object and further bent the form. The print only took about 20 minutes to complete. The forms that are printed can be built up to create a further abstract form.


Finding my way through Rhino.

image

Second Rhinoceros workshop. Continued to work through more tutorials and practice using the software. On Friday I created a torch, unfortunately if printed on a makerbot it will not work.


Rhino.

image

The first time I attempted to “draw” using a computer. Pretty tough day on Friday, such an awkward way to design, but so much quicker than sourcing materials. Hopefully will be printing some of this stuff in 3-D using a makerbot by Christmas.